07/07/2016

Isla del Sol

I have lost my zen!

Bolivia didn't welcome us very warmly. We only got 30 days permit to stay in the country, though we should have got 90. The guy must have had a bad day. Copacabana was so cold and quiet in the evening, and we couldn't find any vegeterian food either. I think it is soon time to start eating meat again, I am pretty tired of eating rice and eggs for every single meal.

We took a boat to Isla del Sol where we didn't know that we have to pay three different entry fees. And we got scammed on the boat ticket prices also. Grrrr. Having a bad day already and then these stupid little things happen makes me want to cry. I had to stop our walk and sat down in a cold rock for a ten minutes to get myself sorted.

Otherwise the island was nice. Very nice views and definitely worth of going, just the boat trip was pretty cool. But I am ready to head to lower altitude. Being over 4000m for the last days and almost 3500m the last weeks, I want to be able to breath proparly. My nose has been blocked almost two weeks because of the thin, dry and cold air. I want to walk steps without stopping to catch my breath and not to wear all my clothes in the evenings. So Amazon jungle here we come!