Rurrenabaque is uniq place to be because you have two options, jungle or pampas. We did the jungle so now was time for the pampas with Escorpion Travels. Which I have to say I liked more.
Pampas, kind of like magrove but not quite (difference is that pampas never dries out). Kilometers of long river, sitting on a boat and spotting animals around you. Our first day was amazing! We saw group of squirrel monkeys, three capibaras, quite many pink river dolphins (which are the reason to come here), too many caimans to count, small turtles, hundreds of birds,...
We watched one of the most beautiful sunsets. Everything was in place, the river was dead calm, like a mirrow. Two dolphins broke the reflection once in a while. Macaws flying above us when the sun was coloring the whole sky. I can't describe how magical it felt. Right after it got dark, hudreds of fireflies came and the sky was covered by thousands (probably billions) of stars. First time in my life I saw Mars, Venus and Jupiter. Our guide was pointing other patterns also. Sam is the guide who you want to have on this kind of tours.
Second day we went to look for snakes after a huge breakfast! Everything has been so much better in this tour. Wellies on and hunting!! 20 minutes later our guide found a young Anaconda, wuhuuu! Mission completed :) 15 minutes more other guide called us, he had found American falce cobra. What a lucky day for us. We swan on the river in the afternoon before going piranha fishing. I admit we must be crazy swimming in the same water where predator caimans and piranhas live! I got 4 fish!! Rob catched a turtle (thank god it was unharmed and swam quickly away) and our guide a small catfish.





