I found this German-Finnish guy through HelpX who was looking for people to help in his garden. House was just 10 min walk from town, which was great, close but still far enough from all the noise.
Day 2 I cleared drainage and frontyard, found three rose bushes under all that hay :) Nobody has done anything in the garden for years! Rob carryed old stones away from the patio. Afternoon I treated myself with a local wine. Samaipata lies just under 2000m which makes its wines one of the highest ones. I visited ViƱedo 1750, beautiful view towards the valley and village. It was just perfect, sun was shining, me and my wine, very relaxing.
Day 4 Sunday was our day off so we went to this campsite, where few of the people we met earlier were staying, to do some acroyoga. I have only tried it once and Rob agreed to come with me :) It is actually much garder than nornal yoga abd youbreally need to trust your partner. Afternoon we took a taxi to El Fuerte ruins. Monday after work huge group of us left to TIe Cuevas, waterfalls, just 20km out of town. Trip was really nice, weather was perfect and water nice and cooling. Only minus was the leeches and midges. Now my legs are again full of bites.
Day 7 Probably everyone knows that I am scared of spiders. But here, I have really surprised myself not jumping on the table everytime I see one. But Thursday I screamt so hard that I think whole Samaipata heard it :) I was clearing backyard and I had seen little tarantulas already, but when I pulled one tree off, huge palm size, black and hairy friend came out and it was too much! I was way too close to it! After that I thought I saw spider in every plant I pulled off.. I had to stop and go make some lunch. Tomorrow will be last day with spiders and scorpions.
It has been so nice to stay in one place little longer. Samaipata was just perfect place to chill out, lot of things to do around here in the afternoons. 25 different nationalities have found this place, so you are more likely to meet another tourist on a bar than local.
I have really loved the use of a kitchen! Every day we cooked delicious lunch and dinner from fresh ingredients straight from the market. Some freshly baked bread and cakes.
Day 2 I cleared drainage and frontyard, found three rose bushes under all that hay :) Nobody has done anything in the garden for years! Rob carryed old stones away from the patio. Afternoon I treated myself with a local wine. Samaipata lies just under 2000m which makes its wines one of the highest ones. I visited ViƱedo 1750, beautiful view towards the valley and village. It was just perfect, sun was shining, me and my wine, very relaxing.
Day 4 Sunday was our day off so we went to this campsite, where few of the people we met earlier were staying, to do some acroyoga. I have only tried it once and Rob agreed to come with me :) It is actually much garder than nornal yoga abd youbreally need to trust your partner. Afternoon we took a taxi to El Fuerte ruins. Monday after work huge group of us left to TIe Cuevas, waterfalls, just 20km out of town. Trip was really nice, weather was perfect and water nice and cooling. Only minus was the leeches and midges. Now my legs are again full of bites.
Day 7 Probably everyone knows that I am scared of spiders. But here, I have really surprised myself not jumping on the table everytime I see one. But Thursday I screamt so hard that I think whole Samaipata heard it :) I was clearing backyard and I had seen little tarantulas already, but when I pulled one tree off, huge palm size, black and hairy friend came out and it was too much! I was way too close to it! After that I thought I saw spider in every plant I pulled off.. I had to stop and go make some lunch. Tomorrow will be last day with spiders and scorpions.
It has been so nice to stay in one place little longer. Samaipata was just perfect place to chill out, lot of things to do around here in the afternoons. 25 different nationalities have found this place, so you are more likely to meet another tourist on a bar than local.
I have really loved the use of a kitchen! Every day we cooked delicious lunch and dinner from fresh ingredients straight from the market. Some freshly baked bread and cakes.
![]() |
| Dinner time! Thanks Hale from the picture :) |








