Arriving to 3400m almost from the sea level really affects to your body. Few steps and I am out of breath, after shower I needed to go lie down again cos I felt exhausted and feeling tired all the time.. That is the altitude for you!
But really Cusco is so nice! Mountains, cool and fresh air, old buildings and Inca ruins. We have been walking around, climbed to the Christ statue (almost got a heart attack climbing 500 steps) where it was a great view to the valley. We watched England-Russia football game in Irish pub (i was supporting Russia for the first ten minutes cos I thought England is the red one :)) where the atmosphere got really hot! It was really nice, all British people in Cusco gathered the same place. There is some carneval thing also happening cos everyday women and man, boys and girls has dance performings with their colorful clothes.
We have rented camping stuff with Stine and Jesper and will start Salkantey trek tomorrow. Finishing it to the great Machu Picchu.
But really Cusco is so nice! Mountains, cool and fresh air, old buildings and Inca ruins. We have been walking around, climbed to the Christ statue (almost got a heart attack climbing 500 steps) where it was a great view to the valley. We watched England-Russia football game in Irish pub (i was supporting Russia for the first ten minutes cos I thought England is the red one :)) where the atmosphere got really hot! It was really nice, all British people in Cusco gathered the same place. There is some carneval thing also happening cos everyday women and man, boys and girls has dance performings with their colorful clothes.
We have rented camping stuff with Stine and Jesper and will start Salkantey trek tomorrow. Finishing it to the great Machu Picchu.




