06/01/2017

Source Temple week 2

8th Day
Last day of 2016! We have had 323 amazing travel days this year. 

We started morning with yoga. Followed by group mantra, I didn't know what to expect but it was great! We had booklet with different songs, instruments and then we just improvised. It was so wonderful and powerful experience, I had happy tears rolling on my cheeks :) We helped with making pizzas for everyone, in proper stone oven, so delicious. It was nice to share the moment with all the residents. Nice cool dip to the waterfall and group dinner at our volunteer house. Found a bottle of sparkling apple drink to celebrate the year change!

9th Day
Hyvää tätä vuotta! I baked bananabread and we had Venezuelan breakfast cooked by Trini. Nice playful game of beach volleyball and afternoon snooze next to the lake. I woke up when Gaudinho (neighbors dog) was licking my face, totally ignored him because I was so sleepy. Ten minutes later when I got up, I couldn't find my sunglasses. That illbehaved dog had chewed them for his afternoon snack!! Whole bunch of us went for a walk to the other waterfall and it was as amazing as in the first time! So green, refreshing, beautiful,..

12th Day 
I woke up so tired! I even turned my alarm off and skipped meditation and yoga. I think it was the first time it really hit me. Our trip is over. Five days and we will be back in Europe. I am not sad to go home, it will be great to be with my family and I am so happy to see all friends, two new persons to meet - Eddi and Otto <3 But no more new cities and places to explore, goodbye sea and sun, warmness and heat. Fresh fruits I will miss so much, beautiful flowers and palmtrees.

14th Day
Again I was feeling very lazy in the morning, got up and stared the sunrise. I got very excited when Pablo and Alice told me I would be working in the workshop! Last day and finally some carpentry :) But I cheered too soon, plans changed and I was in the kitchen duty.. This place definitely has some old fashioned rules going on that girls are not allowed in heavy liftings and boys stayes away from kitchen.

Otherwise day was nice. Some snoozing, swimming on the lake, packing, planting some seedlings at Trinitys places and cooking for last meal for all volunteers. Three course meal by Riikka and Rob - pumpkin soup, lentil curry abd bananabread! I must say, our group has been very nice. But why there always has to be one person to ruin everything? Be the selfish one, not helping and participating, not considering others? You come to Sourse Temple where everything is about love and started, be togerher and being mindful for others. And one person goes solo.

This was just the perfect way of ending our trip! Tomorrow morning we will have morning matras before leaving, so will leave as a very happy girlm shiva shiva shiva shambo.. I actually hot some more energy, if I would have more money left I could definitely continue this tripnfew months more :) But now it is time to go home. Face the proper Finnish winter, -35° degrees in Inari the other day!