I <3 Rio
This city is like a country on its own. I start from the beaches - Flamengo, Ipanema and Copacabana, Bogatofa. Ipanema being the best one, turqoise water, big waves, white sand, surfing, beach volleyball and caipiriƱhas :) How wonderful it is that you can enjoy such a beautiful beach in a million city? Monday afternoon, cloudy, 5pm and beach was packed. I bet they have lining system in January and February and you will be sharing a towel to a person who you have never seen before. But it was so lovely! Water was so warm, just floating around, lying on the beach, didn't matter what time or date it was. I felt so happy and relaxed.
One day we went to the centre and Lapa area. I felt like I was back in New York! Skyscrapers, yellow cabs, people wearing suits (+35°), corner shops and cafes, parks,.. Amazing colonial buildings mixed with new ones. We went to Santa Teresa also but we didn't find the part what everyone was fussing about before the rain hit again. We were in Rio four days and it rained every single day! There was some sun also :)
Third day we went up to Christ Redeemer. Statue itself was little disapointment, the one in Chilechico (Chile) was bigger! But the view was amazing!! No doubt about it. You could see the beaches, sugar loaf mountain, city centre, Nitaroi bridge, Favelas,..
Rio is definitely worth of visiting. I loved it, Rob loved it, everyobe will love it. It has everything. And after Argentina it is not even expensive. We ate outside everyday and bought drinks and snacks on the beach.







