24/12/2016

Paraty

We spend a week in Paradise! Immediately we arrived I told Rob I don't want to go anywhere else. We stayed little outside the town, Casa Viva Paraty and it was one of the best hostels we have stayed. Neil and Igor were so friendly, it was middle of jungle, we saw monkeys and cooled down in very nice pool. Place was just so incredible :D 

Paratys historic centre reminded me of Villa de Leyva or Mompox in Colombia, and I loved both of those. Cobbled stone streets, colonial buildings, colorful tour boats, food stalls and handicrafts, river crossing the town. And two beaches also :) 

We did daytrips to Trinidade, where we walked to natural pool and bodysurfed in great waves. Another day we went to Larenjeras and hiked to Praia do Sono, very laidback beach community. It was the best beach for swimming, no waves at all, clear water and temperature close to +30! Water I mean :) There were many other trails also which you could explore for waterfalls and natural pools bit we didn't have time for those. 

Thursday night we had the worst thunder storm ever!! It lasted three hours, we were stuck in our tent, lightning was constant and it rained so heavily. But we survived!!

HYVÄÄ JOULUA MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Next two weeks we will volunteer in Cunha, Source Temple :)