08/12/2016

Ilha do Mel

Isla de Miel - Honey Island - Hunajasaari

We are in Brazil, beach and paradise :D I don't know where to start, I am too happy! We took a two hour boat ride from Paranagua to here, straight after 13h busride. After we stepped our feet on the boat our holiday started :) Dolphins were swimming right next to us, sun was shining, no clouds, nice little breeze,.. It only got better after we got to the island. It reminded me of Little Corn island in Nicaragua or Koh Rung in Cambodia; no shops, no banks, no roads, no cars, limited electricity,.. Sandy paths, wooden huts, white sandy beaches and jungle <3 No stress, no worries, no hurry. We found so cute camping and cabaña place, Clodo. Went for a lunch to celebrate our great choise of destination, and oh my! I can't remember last time I have been so full!! Fresh fish and shrimps, black beans, salad, rice and fries. Halleluja!

Today we walked to the other side of the island, checked the old lighthouse, had lunch and walked to 1700s fortress. On our way there, we passed tens of collapsed houses. Sea has risen so much that it has washed away peoples homes. Climate change. People were trying to build walls and barriers, but it only helps little while.. It made me sad. Plus it started to rain when we walked back, got completely soaked. 'If you are already wet, might as well go swimming', Rob said. And so we did. Only people on the beach, water was so warm. And when we got back to our tent, the owner lady offered us one of her cabaña to stay so we wouldn't get wet again. So kind of her :) 

Today we have been travelling 300 days!! Still few to go. I will return England 13th of February, so it is exactly one year (plus one day 'cause 29.2) of travelling!