Reserva Esteros del Ibera, or village Colonia Pellegrini, is a small place out of tourist track, which we found to be superb! Campsite was right next to the lake, green pitches, roofed cooking area with light and charging points. Good spot for sunset and sunrise.
Heat was something incredible, no need for clothes not to mention sleeping bag during the night. Our tent was like sauna at midday heat!! Only option was to put hammocks and try not to move, even reading took too much energy :) Lake looked so tempting for cooling down, but it was 'Swimming at own risk. Watch out for caimans and piranhas!'. Another minus was that we couldn't find a bakery for goodies!
Saturday we took evening boat tour around wetlands. Saw many black caimans, baby ones were the cutest ones. Landscape made me think of our summer cottage, calm water was like a mirrow and sunset was coloring the sky. Just from the car we had already seen many egrets and herons, parrots and other small birds, tens of capybaras and one huge lizard iguana. Greatest eye catcher was a marsh deer with huge horns. In the evenings there was no need for music, we had natures own concert, crickets and frogs :D
Sunday was something different. If I would have been home, under a roof with walls, heating and nice cup of tea and cozy couch, it would have been perfect. But when you are outside and temperature drops 20°, wind is blowing and it rains 12h and your tent starts floating it is not so funny :o Keep the positive mind! I was wet anyway so what the heck, lets go horse riding! Me and Bruno were seriously the only people outside!! After two hours of riding I was completely soaked, my lips and hands were blue but I was happy :) crazy, I know!




