06/08/2016

Iquique

Out visit to Humberstone, nitrate town was definitely highlight of this trip!! Probably the most fascinating place ever! Seriously, I was so amazed (not from the beauty) from everything, how the houses were and factories looked. 

We took a bus in the morning, idea was that we would be back before noon but we got back to the hostel at 7pm.. There went the relaxing day doing nothing. It was great trip anyhow. Wooden houses, small and big were all so amazing. Big factories and mills, rustic trains.. I can't even tell and those pictures won't tell you the whole truth. It was quite scary, roofs missing, everything looked like they had been just forgotten there. 






Iquique is quite nice otherwise also. Bigger than Arica, more life. Lots of surfers and bodyboardrs eventhough it is winter. I really wanted to try again surfing, but it has been cloudy and I bet that the sea isn't even 15°C so it isn't very tempting to go fall off from the board.. :) Many nice houses in the center, espicially Baquedano street. Reminds me of wild wild west and saloon. North end of town there is duty free shopping mall called Zofri. We went to buy some camping stuff. It was crazy, so many people, fancy stuff and yes very cheap!