Calama is not city to be visited its attractions. But it was on our way to Argentina and Rob wanted to visit another mine, copper mine to be more precise. And another ghost town also, Chuquicamata. Mine is one of the world largest open-cast copper mines, about 8000 people working there, trucks operating 24h (using 4500L of diesel every day. One truck!). The size of it was really impressive, 1km deep, 3km wide and more than 4km long. Otherwise I wasn't that interested. Would have love to hear more about the town. Chuquicamata was abandoned 2007 because of the new laws. It was too close to the mine, everybody had to leave. It was way more modern than Humberstone (Iquique), it had hotels, banks and even theather!
There wasn't any buses to Salta, Argentina today so we basicly stayed indoors the whole day. But not bad place to stay indoors at all. We couchsurfed first time on this trip. Josephs apartment was huge and fancy, top floor. We got our own bedroom and could use the kitchen also. I got so mad about Iberia again. Seriously, eventhough how cheap flights they would have, DO NOT use iberia!! They messed everything with my return flight, I spent hours trying to get it sorted and it is still pending. Maybe it is meant to be that I don't have return flight? ;)
Yep, crossing the border to Argentina tomorrow. Cafayate and wines, I am coming!
There wasn't any buses to Salta, Argentina today so we basicly stayed indoors the whole day. But not bad place to stay indoors at all. We couchsurfed first time on this trip. Josephs apartment was huge and fancy, top floor. We got our own bedroom and could use the kitchen also. I got so mad about Iberia again. Seriously, eventhough how cheap flights they would have, DO NOT use iberia!! They messed everything with my return flight, I spent hours trying to get it sorted and it is still pending. Maybe it is meant to be that I don't have return flight? ;)
Yep, crossing the border to Argentina tomorrow. Cafayate and wines, I am coming!



