34 hours later we finally arrived our hostal Luna's Castle in the old part of Panama City.
I will be honest, I was seriously thinking that what the hell are we doing!? Iberia messed our flights already before we even had left, didn't get seats next to each other, then they erased our vegeterian option for our meals on the flight, immigration took forever and after getting our luggage we still had to que for security check, taxi drivers trying to get the best price out of us outside the airport when we were obviously tired and sweaty plus carrying our heavy backpacks, hostel full of travellers already in party mood and our tiny room already full of other people stuff, fan not working.. Yes, this is what I want!! :)
After the first shock, very sweaty night and 4 hours of sleep, I woke up 3am, waited the sun to rise so I could go and see the quiet streets of Casco Viejo and the beautiful silhuet of the skyscrapers in the new part of the city. I felt much more relaxed after pancake breakfast and shower. We had a nice stroll along the promenade, ate lunch in local place where everybody was staring at us - why are those gringos in here? But I can't tell how happy I was when I got that full plate of beans, rice and plantain! :) Jetlag hit before one and I had to give up and go for a nap. We are trying another local food place for dinner. We will walk to the harbor and enjoy some fresh fish, maybe Mr.R will het his lobster ;)
Tomorrow we will set off for five day sailing trip to Cartagena, Colombia. First days we are island hopping in San Blas archipelargo. I have been there before and it is a paradise! Then the last 48 hours will be in open sea.. It will be rough!
I will be honest, I was seriously thinking that what the hell are we doing!? Iberia messed our flights already before we even had left, didn't get seats next to each other, then they erased our vegeterian option for our meals on the flight, immigration took forever and after getting our luggage we still had to que for security check, taxi drivers trying to get the best price out of us outside the airport when we were obviously tired and sweaty plus carrying our heavy backpacks, hostel full of travellers already in party mood and our tiny room already full of other people stuff, fan not working.. Yes, this is what I want!! :)
After the first shock, very sweaty night and 4 hours of sleep, I woke up 3am, waited the sun to rise so I could go and see the quiet streets of Casco Viejo and the beautiful silhuet of the skyscrapers in the new part of the city. I felt much more relaxed after pancake breakfast and shower. We had a nice stroll along the promenade, ate lunch in local place where everybody was staring at us - why are those gringos in here? But I can't tell how happy I was when I got that full plate of beans, rice and plantain! :) Jetlag hit before one and I had to give up and go for a nap. We are trying another local food place for dinner. We will walk to the harbor and enjoy some fresh fish, maybe Mr.R will het his lobster ;)
Tomorrow we will set off for five day sailing trip to Cartagena, Colombia. First days we are island hopping in San Blas archipelargo. I have been there before and it is a paradise! Then the last 48 hours will be in open sea.. It will be rough!
![]() |
| This portion cost 1,5 dollars |






