0 days left! Finally :)
Planning and waiting for this trip has felt like forever. I knew already 2012 that I wanted to go back to South-America sometimes soon.. Three years later it is really happening!!
November when we bought the flights it felt unreal. Christmas when I said goodbye to my family, it still felt like months before we go. Two weeks ago when I had my last shift, there was still so much to sort with the house. Wednesday we packed the car and left from Barrow only with our backpacks, I felt nervous. This morning when I woke up, I was thinking - zero days!! Shit, today we really go! :D
I feel incredible lucky and so happy at the moment. We have the opportunity and the guts to leave everything and go away for a year. I can't describe how great it feels, when you don't know your next destination, next place where you will be sleeping, what bus to take or people you will meet. I think I am travel junkie. I love it when my whole life is packed for a backpack (16kg) and I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow. It is weird how relaxed and stress-free life can be (for me) when there is no work and no schedules.
I have cried so many times already and I think there will be few more tears still to come. They are happy tears, don't worry. But I hate goodbyes, even though they are not goodbyes because we will be back. Thank good for technology, it is amazing these days so it doesn't even feel that I am away! My family and friends will be close to me, via interned <3<3
My song for the trip will be the same as last time, Maailman toiselle puolen