Second biggest island of South-America, known from its wooden churches and colorful stilt houses. I took bus straight to Castro, and kept it as my base for the daytrips.
Saturday I took bus to the other side of the island, to Muelle de las Almas, Dock of the souls. Beoynd that point it is only sea. Story says that spirits wonder here to find the next life.. It was few kilometer walk to the shore. Landscape, green fields and amazing cliffs made me wordless once again. It was so beautiful and I felt full of energy so I decided to walk back. All in all it turned out to be little over 20km, but I had all the time I wanted, weather was just perfect, I had plenty of snacks so why not. I got lift back to Castro from local family and I was very happy to notice I manage to speak spanish the whole one hour drive :) well done me!
Sunday was market day in Dalcahue. First I took bus and ferry to nearby island, Quinchao. Achoa had one of the beautiful wooden churches (UNESCO listed) and great view from the beach. I made my way back hitchiking to check Dalcahues market. So many nice handicrafts, woollen clothes and wooden sculptures, home made pies and cakes, music and dance. Just like the Sunday I wish to have every week. Easy, chill out, no stress, stroll around and not do much. Just perfect!
Tuesday I hiked up to Cole Cole beach, part of Chiloes national park. Rob had given me very good instructions how to get there. It was totally deserted, nobody else around. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I definitely prefer travelling here off season but it has its downsides. Not so many buses or cars passing. I ended up walking on the road more than an hour so my dayhike was almost 30km. My legs were so tired when I got back to Castro. These last few days I think I have walked almost 100km!
I have enjoyed my time here, taking it easy and be one of the family. Alexandro and Irena at hostal Gamboa has been so nice to me that it is sad to leave. Ill take ferry to the mainland where Rob will be waiting for me :)








