Let us start from the good ones :)
Thursday me and Stine went riding when the boys chose rafting. Rob still hasn't recovered from the riding in San Augustin. We rode in the valley and I had asked a fast horse, and I really got one! Me and Jose (the guide) were racing against each others, it was so much fun :) We stopped to admire volcanic rocks from Tungarahua and taste mineral water from a river. There was a spring and a hotspring underneath the river, which made the water sparkle.
Later we said once again byes to the Sweds, hopefully meeting them in Peru in few weeks :) and took a bus to Alausi to ride on a famous Devil's Nose Train. But instead we decided to walk it. It was so beautiful walk through the valley and village communities and the way back along the traintracks was really nice.
And then for the bad news :(
We got robbed on that bus from Baños to Alausi. We only noticed it when we arrived to Alausi. Our bags were infront of us, between our legs and the bastards had crawled on the floor and made a whole on my bag and took all valuables out. Passport being the most important thing. They even took our snacks, croissants and apples plus my water bottle. Damn, they were hungry! I can tell you how frustrating it is to try to talk with polices who don't give a shit (sorry about my language). We called the police and three came, wrote something and left. Next day we tried to get those informations and it seemed that those officers had dissapeared. We got this FGE raport made in the end but police didn't help us at all and refused to write raport. Today we went back again and tried to get the information, but no luck. On our way to Quito we stopped in Riomamba, where the bus company has office and finally got the drivers name and phone number. And in Quito tourist police was still open so we got our police raport!
There is no Finnish Embassy in Ecuador so I can't get a new passport here. I have talked with Spanish Embassy and obviously they will help me to get this Emergency Travel Document, but that I do not know that can I cross land borders with it. In Lima, Peru there is Finnish Embassy which I have talked to already and they are hopefully doing everything what they can to help me cross the border and get a new passport. But I tell you, it sucks to be robbed in a country where nobody speaks english and police is corrupted.
I really hoped it would have been a bad dream but it wasn't. Thank good we are okey and together. Rob had one credit card hidden and he got his passport back. I don't have any money, cards, camera, identification or passport. Tomorrow will be full office day once again, hopefully it goes as quickly as tonight. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well and without an enormous hassle!
![]() |
| Cancelling cards |
![]() |
| I still had my pebers!! |








