Last days have been pretty emotional. Saturday evening we had mild earthquake which made us to change our plans for Ecuador, Rob was sick during the weekend, I got sad news from home that my grandma has passed away so I was thinking should I fly home, Monday just day after we said goodbye to our Swedish friends, we heard that their bags were stolen from the bus, which gave me this uncertain feeling. I am full of mixed feelings - sadness, anger, frustration, disapointment, fear,..
When Rob felt better we took the bus to San Augustin to see ancient stone statues and tombs. Parque Archeologico was huge and statues were clearly visible and fenced. There has been a time when statues has been stolen and sold for luxury mansions in France or just hidden in basements in Denmark. Don't know how they have maneged to move those huge volcanic rocks.. Rocks were carved more than 2000 years ago, resembling human figures and animals.
I wanted to keep myself busy so we looked around the park, took a jeep tour to see Colombias highest waterfall and the further archeological sites. Plus I managed to convince Rob horseback riding with me :) I don't know why he always gets the jukuri ones. He said after the riding - sweetie, this was the last time I will come riding! It was so cool, we matched so well with Noblesa (my horse). Oh that speed!! I really felt alive :D
We stayed in Casa de la Francoi, such a beautiful place! That would be that kind of place where you could just stay for weeks. The coolest thing was that they had used glass bottles for building the houses. And the food was superb, they really knew about portion sizes and how to spice the meals. Ten points!
Yesterday night after the riding and busride back to Popayan, I really got bad itkupotkuraivarit when I was trying to pack my bag. I think it was just from everything what has happened the last days. This day didn't start any better after short night sleep, getting on the busstation 6am and ended up waiting on the bus more than an hour it to leave. I try to understand these guys mentals but I can't. They lie against your face with poker face and when you ask something they will never give you straight answer. Our bus ticket was suppose to be direct, big bus with toilet, A/C and wifi. Well, you can guess it wasn't either of those! We still made it to Ibarra, Ecuador after 14h of sitting in the bus.






