One more lovely town to add for the list. Small mountain towns/villages seems to be my favorite ones, San Gil, Villa de Leyva, Mongui,..
We did the coffee tour, one compulsory thing to do while staying in Zona Cafeteria :) Like I wrote it was fabulous! We hired a car with driver and went for Santa Rosa thermal pools with Stine and Jesper. I think the waterfall in front of the spa area was more impressive. But it was really well spent day, whole Tuesday it just rained rained and rained! So it was really nice to lie in the hot pools watching the waterfall while cool raindrops were falling from the sky. Rob spotted very taimed humminbird :D
Yesterday we rented mountain bikes and went cycling to the Andes with Eduardo. Car drop us to the highest point 3400m, we flew down for 6km to see hundreds of wax palms. They can grow up to 80m!! Cycling back to the top wasn't that nice, there wasn't a single level spot, climb after a climb. Then started the interesting part.. Jumping out of airplane or bungee jump from bridge would be piece of cake compered to those little, narrow, muddy and slippery paths! Shit, I was scared that I would crash for the rocks or roll down the hill. Luckily it was too slippery to continue and we returned to the road, 13km to go. I was holding so tightly from my bike and pushing the brakes that it actually hurt :) why do we do things like this? Scenery was wonderful and now I know I don't have to do mountain biking ever again. I will stick to the road biking :D (plus keep putting sunlotion! I got burnt again though it was so cloudy!!)
Plantation House has been one of the friendliest hostels with the loveliest dogs ever! This mix of polar bear/husky I could definitely pack to my backpack.
![]() |
![]() |






