11/03/2016

Mompox

Yes!! This is the place! :) Beautiful, peaceful colonial town, next to the river, without tourists or backpacker hostels. I am in heaven.

When we arrived here on Wednesday, I felt it immediately. I belong here. It feels safe to walk on the streets, no big boy groups yelling and slacking in every corner, no tourists (except us) taking pictures every church and colorful house. It is just so relaxed in here. Basicly it is only two streets so walking through the town takes less than 15 min. Nothing to do except chill, I like. Only minus part is, that it is f¿@#ing hot in here. Sorry about the swearing and I know it is cold and grey in Finland and England, but this is too much. I thought Punta Gallinas was the hotest place, but this takes the lead. Morning temperature 6am is already +37, when you get out from the air conditioned room, wall hits you and you start swetting immediately. Rob said yesterday when we walked back to the hostel in afternoon heat (close to 50) - this is painful. Just painful.


Small doors


Sunrise Rio Magdalena
The most beautiful house

Empty streets



Electricians at work
Cemetery